Ppppp…Peas, Potatoes and Pepi Pep Peps!
Green Market Sugar Snap Peas & Roasted Baby Potato Salad w/ Pepi Pep Peps Vinaigrette
Ever looking for the perfect BBQ PDQ accompaniment or a cool lunch on a hot day?!?! Try this fully loaded green market potato salad with its zesty Rick’s Picks Pepi Pep Peps Vinaigrette in lieu of Mayo.
Union Square is abuzz with gorgeous summer vegetables. I completely lucked out with the ubiquitous sugar snap peas. The ones I found had a depth of sweetness that begged for a raw application.
Very Important Side note: The vinaigrette makes a fantastic sauce for beef, chicken, or fish!!
The Ingredients – The Salad & Vinaigrette
1 c Rick’s Picks Pepi Pep Peps
¾ lb. Sugar Snap Peas
½ lb. Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
2 lbs. Baby Potatoes
1 Spring Garlic
2 Tsp. chopped Chives
2 Tsp. Fresh Oregano
3 Tsp. Fresh Thyme
½ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A generous pinch of Red Pepper flakes
½+ c of crumbled Queso Fresco
The Method – The Salad
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash and dry Sugar Snap Peas, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Potatoes, and Spring Garlic. Set aside separately
- Trim the ends and woodsy string from the Sugar Snap Peas: Take a small knife trim the top of the pea and pull off the tough string that runs along the length of the pod. Discard.
- Slice the Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- Slice baby potatoes in half. Combine potatoes with 3 Tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 Tsp. of Chopped Thyme leaves, and 1 Tsp. of Oregano leaves. Toss the potatoes and herb olive oil mixture with one entire stalk of spring garlic to coat. Place them on a baking rack, or lined cookie sheet. Place potatoes and garlic stalk on the center rack of your oven. Roast for approximately 20 minutes. Be sure to check them at 15 minutes, as ovens vary. Set aside, allow vegetables to cool.
- In a large Salad bowl combine trimmed Sugar Snap Peas, halved Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, roasted Baby Potatoes, 2 Tsp. chopped Chives, 1 Tsp. of Chopped Thyme leaves, 1 Tsp. of Oregano leaves.
- Dress with Pepi Pep Peps Vinaigrette top with Queso Fresco.
The Method – Pepi Pep Peps Vinaigrette
- In your favorite food processor combine Pepi Pep Peps, 3 cloves of the roasted spring garlic, 4 Tsp. of Pepi Pep Peps brine, Red Pepper Flakes. Turn on your food processor, and stream in the extra virgin olive oil. Adding more or less according to taste. Finish with a pinch of salt.
- Pour vinaigrette in to a mason or reusable Rick’s Picks pickle jar to allow for individual dressing of salads!
Et Voilà, Your Salad has arrived!!